Save time and money in hiring your next ED!
The chief executive of any nonprofit organization personifies the mission and vision of the organization. Therefore it is imperative that the person selected to lead the organization be “good fit” with not only the organization’s values and beliefs, but also the board in which he or she will be partnered with in working to achieve the organization’s mission.
To ensure this compatibility, the Center for Nonprofits (Center) can assist your Board’s search committee in the hiring process. By helping the organization’s board identify where it wants to go, what the agency should or should not be doing, knowing what the organization is good at and where it needs expertise, the Center will guide the process of “letting go of the old” and focusing on the future!
The Center will help your board:
· Assess the organization’s current status in relation to future
· Organize a hiring committee
· Establish a timeline for the search
· Update the job description
· Update the salary and benefit package
· Advertise (anonymously, if desired) the position in order to obtain
the most diverse candidate pool
· Screen applicants, including internal candidates
· Conduct thorough reference and background checks
· Conduct initial interviews
· Provide the hiring committee with a small pool of the most qualified
An effective search process can literally save your organization thousands of dollars in staff turnover, yet most nonprofit organizations don’t have the resources to hire an executive search firm. The Center’s executive search assistance is a cost-effective balance between doing it yourself, when you don’t really have the time or expertise, and hiring a search firm that may cost up to twenty percent of the position’s total annual compensation.
Call the Center for Nonprofits for more information at 423-752-0300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.