Job Coach/Trainer @ Partnership for Families, Children and Adults
About Partnership: Partnership for Families, Children and Adults is a multi-site, multi-program social service agency serving residents of the Tennessee Valley. Begun in 1877 as a single-site provider of pregnancy services for unmarried women, today’s Partnership is one of the area’s largest, most comprehensive social service "umbrella" agencies, with offices in Southeast Tennessee, North Georgia and North Alabama. More than 20 programs are under Partnership’s “umbrella of services;” all share a common mission: “empowering people to build better lives.”
Job Summary: Under general supervision of the Program Director, the Job Coach/Trainer works with clients in group settings and on an individual basis to envision and set goals to build individual skills, and to prepare for and attain employment. Responsible for teaching career readiness curriculum, life planning, and providing additional job support to help empower our clients in the area of career readiness, employment, and employment retention.
- Qualifications: Self starter, able to work independently and as a team member.
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects, tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain client records as required.
- Act as role model for clients, demonstrating productive work skills and professional behavior.
- Ability to build positive collaborative relationships with employers and community stakeholders.
- Ability to train and facilitate positive group discussion and work.
- A Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university or in a related field.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record and an insured vehicle available.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Ability to empathize and build rapport with clients. An ability to assess a client’s situation and assist them in developing an empowerment plan for meeting their need. Resolve to follow through with the agreed course of action.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships within and outside the agency in a professional manner.
- Ability to evaluate own performance, and to recognize and control biases.
- To have a broad awareness of community resources relevant to client’s needs.
To apply: To apply for this position please visit the Partnership's section on www.chattanoogahasjobs.com.