Burks United Methodist Church
Area of Ministry: Director of Children’s Ministries
General Description: Provide oversight to all areas of Children’s ministry
- An ongoing and maturing relationship with Jesus Christ
- A degree in a related field (Children’s Ministry or Education) and/or five successful years of experience in a church with membership over 500.
- An ability to develop and implement age level appropriate ministries for children birth through 5th grade that provide opportunities in the areas of prayer, presence, gifts, service and witness.
- An ability to work with adults in training and supervision of children and their families.
- Proficient at recruiting, training, organizing, overseeing and retaining adult leaders.
- Possess leadership skills to be a vision caster and a team player.
- An ability to implement and maintain policies and procedures that provide a safe, quality, Christ-centered environment for children.
- An ability to anticipate and plan for curriculum needs; ability to administer and manage budget and calendar.
- An ability to speak and write effectively.
- Communicate regularly with parents and those serving in ministry with children regarding schedules, events, and changes.
- Develop a team approach to Children’s ministry by recruiting, training and equipping effective leaders.
- Promote and facilitate a safe atmosphere as outlined in Burks Minor Protection Policy.
- Administer and coordinate the children’s Sunday school ministry and children’s Wednesday evening programs.
- Supervise any church-wide special events that include a children’s program (i.e. Easter services, Vacation Bible School, Church-wide programs, etc.).
- Participate in the teaching and learning process with children thereby modeling effective instructional methods for teachers.
- Give direct oversight to the children’s worship program on Sunday mornings (KidZone).
- Coordinate the team approach of developing the Children’s ministry discipleship goals, direction, mission and vision in line with the purpose and mission of Burks United Methodist Church.
- Coordinate the development of what children from birth through fifth grade are to learn and experience through Christian education at Burks.
- Coordinate the Children’s resource room and supplies.
- Provide oversight and management of the Children’s budget area.
- Promote the incorporation of children into the life and ministry of the congregation.
- Provide oversight to the Parents Morning Out program, Burks Child Development Center and Scouting Ministry toward a greater coordination of events, resources and shared building space.
- Develop a comprehensive Children’s ministry recruitment strategy to recruit and maintain those serving in ministry with children for all areas of Children’s ministry.
- Provide oversight, supervision and direction to the nursery program.
- Promote Burks’ children’s activities and programs to the children, church and community.
- Greet and correspond with visitors to ensure they are aware of programs for their children.
- Participate in at least one continuing education event annually and regularly communicate/network with other directors of children’s ministries, especially in churches of at least 500 members.
Salary Range: $45,000
Please send resumes by July 31st to:
Church Business Administrator
Burks United Methodist Church
6433 Hixson Pike
Hixson, TN 37343