United Way Metro Atlanta
Title: Principal Gift Officer
Department: Resource Development
Starting Salary: $68,388 - $88,050
Reports to: Senior Director of Development, Major Gifts
The Principal Gift Officer (PGO) is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual United Way donors of $100,000 and more. The PGO will be responsible for attaining annual fundraising goals from principal gift donors.
- Strategic Planning: Working with the President, Chief Development Officer, Sr. Dir. of Development – Major Gifts and appropriate volunteers, the PGO will develop, implement and sustain strategies for soliciting individual gifts of $100,000 and more. The PGO will identify the donor’s areas of interests through relationship development, and align those interests with strategies/products/programs of United Way of Metropolitan Atlanta. Individual strategic cultivation plans will be developed for United Way’s most important principal gift prospects.
- Prospect Identification: Working with the Research Manager and volunteers, the PGO will determine which prospects are appropriate for further cultivation and solicitation for principal gifts.
- Proposal Identification: As the relationship is developed over a period of time, the PGO will align the donor’s interest(s) with community engagement strategies.
- Solicitation: The PGO will provide and implement a global written prospect specific strategic plan and lead all solicitation efforts. PGO will identify and lead prospect specific solicitation teams involving United Way executive staff and volunteers, providing leadership and direction.
- Stewardship: Once funding is secured, the PGO will create and conduct programs of stewardship for donors, and serve as the primary point of contact and relationship manager for principal donors. The PGO will create and maintain contact histories in CRM regarding principal gift activities.
- The PGO will provide complete development tracking in CRM.
This position requires a Bachelors Degree and at least five years of one –on-one principal gifts ($100,000 and up) fundraising experience.
Skills and Abilities Requirements
The PGO should be able to demonstrate creativity, problem solving ability, have excellent written and oral communication skills, and demonstrate a history of focusing on fundraising results. The PGO must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
ATTN: Principal Gift Officer
United Way Metro Atlanta
100 Edgewood Avenue, NE
Atlanta, GA 30303