Job Title: Weekend Daytime Housing Monitor
Reports To: Knoxville Program Manager
Summary: To provide a consistent, physical presence in the facility assisting residents with emergency and non-emergency needs, and communicating concerns to the Program Manager.
Duration of Assignment: Six months with option of an additional six months. Renewal of assignment requires reapplication and approval.
Probationary period: 90 days
Creation date: September 2011
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Be available to residents for:
- Immediate concerns, needs and relapse prevention. Any learning experiences concerning inappropriate behaviors should be discussed with the Program Manager (or if unavailable, the staff member on call) before a decision or action is taken (i.e.: a resident’s tardiness or non-return, relapse, injuries, threats, etc)
- Work hours: 8:00am-5:00pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Transport TND residents on as needed basis only.
- Complete incident report for significant encounters.
- Encourage the Core Values of The Next Door at all times.
- Report maintenance and facility concerns to Program Manager.
- Enforce residents signing in/out on time according to the resident’s schedule for that particular day.
- Provide documentation of significant encounters to Case Manager.
- Administer medications on as needed basis only.
- Perform other duties as assigned (including filing paperwork in client charts)
To be successful in executing the responsibilities and duties assigned in this job, a person must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. This person must be self-motivated and able to make quality, ethical decisions independent of supervision when necessary.
- Keep all information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential at all times.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Work as a necessary part of a team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by leadership.
- Participate in random drug testing, required of all staff.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s license with F class endorsement preferred.
- Graduates of The Next Door who have been successfully living in the community or others in community modeling recovery may also be eligible.
Housing Monitor Commits to:
- Housing Monitor respects that TND is a residential facility and as such its occupants call TND their “home.” It is understood that:
- Housing Monitor will respect the right to privacy whenever possible.
- Housing Monitor will continue to work toward and maintain her recovery as evidenced by attendance at weekly 12-step or other recovery group outside of TND.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to Connie.Gardner@thenextdoor.org by no later than Wednesday, May 16, 2012. Please include the date you are available to begin work and the minimum hourly wage you require. No phone calls, please.