Habitat for Humanity of Greater Chattanooga Area, Inc.
Accounting Assistant - part-time
The Accounting Assistant performs a number of analysis, reconciliation and reporting functions which are essential to Finance Department and corporate operations. The individual in this role assists and is accountable to the Director of Finance.
- Reviews all General Ledger and Job Cost activity for accuracy. When required, prepares necessary adjusting entries. Also prepares and records routine monthly general journal entries.
- Records job closing entries following sale of homes to Partner Families.
- Prepares and submits Sales Tax Reports to the Department of Revenue for ReStore operations and satisfies licensing requirements of the City, County and State.
- Performs Payroll functions, including setup and maintenance of physical and electronic HR and payroll records, as well as weekly and semi-monthly payroll processing. In addition, produces quarterly and annual reports.
- Processes & submits benefits information to the appropriate insurance and retirement program organizations.
- Prepares Draw requests along with supporting documentation for submission to funder as required.
- Reconciles bank accounts and various financial records and subsidiary systems as assigned.
- Assists with the annual financial and workers compensation audits.
- Assists the Director of Finance with various tasks and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
- Baccalaureate in Accounting or related area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in an accounting role as a staff accountant for a public accounting firm or lead accounting role in private industry.
- Must be skilled in the use of accounting software, Excel and Word.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Must have very good interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
Resumes accepted through October 30th via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Director of Finance
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Chattanooga Area
1201 East Main Street
Chattanooga, TN 37408
-- No Phone Calls Please –
Habitat is an Equal Opportunity Employer/provides Equal Housing Opportunity