The Salvation Army- Chattanooga , TN
Position: Housing Monitor
Dept: Federal Bureau of Prisons
Full Time: $9.43 per hour/ 36.25 hours per week/ Non-exempt
Date Needed: 7/11/12
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Accepts and processes residents staying in a Federal Bureau of Prisons Residential Reentry Center. Monitors the activity of residents on an assigned shift ensuring safety, security, and compliance to house rules; maintains accurate and complete records and logs containing pertinent information; ensures that the housing facility is maintained in a neat and proper order.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL CAPABILITIES:
- Ability to meet attendance requirements.
- Ability to read, write and communicate the English language.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations quickly and calmly while maintaining control and initiating the proper corrective action.
- Ability to perform combinations of sitting, standing, and walking on a frequent change basis. Distance of travel is usually within the same building.
- Limited amount of physical effort required associated with walking, standing, lifting, and carrying light objects (less than 25 pounds), 5 – 10% of work time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of general office procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of basic record keeping procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients in order to control, lead, and motivate behavior.
- Ability to work with the public encompassing all types of behaviors.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision while enforcing established policies and procedures.
- Ability to pass a Federal background check
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High school diploma or GED required.
One year experience performing security or social service work preferred, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
If interested, apply through the following link NOT LATER THAN June 29, 2012.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer