Girls Inc.® of Chattanooga Job Announcement
Girls Inc. of Chattanooga is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1961 to support the needs of all girls by educating them to take risks, to speak their minds, to advocate healthy lifestyle choices, to protect their rights and to strive for academic excellence. Our mission is to inspire and equip all girls to be strong, smart and boldsm and inspiring them on their journey to self-discovery.
Girls Inc.® of Chattanooga has openings for part-time Program Coordinators for our elementary age and teen programs. The ideal candidate will be creative, energetic, organized, a problem solver, and have strong written and verbal communication skills. Preference will be given to candidates who have at least two years of experience working with school-age children or teens. Minimum requirements are an Associate’s Degree, with a four year college degree preferred. Reliable transportation is a must. Ability to work effectively in a high paced environment required.
The Program Coordinator reports directly to the Program Manager and is responsible for maintaining quality educational programming that is in line with Girls Inc. of Chattanooga’s value statement. In addition, the Program Coordinator manages the structured day-to-day operation of Girls Inc. of Chattanooga’s after-school, fall and spring break, and summer camp programs at sites assigned by Program Manager. Key responsibilities include:
- Delivers research and outcome-based curriculum.
- Encourages the development of relationships among children from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Oversees effective day to day operation of site.
- Motivates and inspires girls to be actively engaged in all programs and activities.
- Provides homework and tutoring assistance.
- Works in concert with the Program Manager to coordinate program speakers, field trips and parent involvement.
- Supervises volunteers and program guests.
- Prepares monthly program activity calendars with assistance of Program Manager.
- Submits written reports in a timely manner.
Girls Inc. of Chattanooga is committed to diversity and to providing equal opportunities for all the girls we serve. In addition, it is our philosophy and policy to treat employees and applicants for employment fairly and without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, sexual orientation, political belief, gender identity, HIV status or other non-job-related factors, as required and defined by law.
Please email a cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com or mail it to Girls Inc. of Chattanooga, Job Opportunities, 709 South Greenwood Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37404. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.