CRABTREE FARMS OF CHATTANOOGA
Position: Program Coordinator
Terms: Part-time; Tuesdays- Fridays; 16 hours per week
Pay: Hourly rate, commensurate with experience
This is a new, grant-funded position at Crabtree Farms. It is a part-time position that has potential for growth. The current needs of the organization for this position are:
- Friendly and outgoing person to coordinate classes, recruit and enroll participants for a garden-based educational program. Must be able to work effectively across cultural and racial borders in a community of need, to successfully conduct the program and build a community of volunteers.
- Computer savvy person with Microsoft Word, email, and basic layout/design experience that can create class materials and ultimately document the entire program so that it can be replicated.
- Flexible person to schedule program events and coordinate volunteers
- Daily there will be ongoing communication with community partners, class teachers, Crabtree Farms staff and program participants. Strong writing and communication skills are vital.
- A “light green” thumbed person with gardening, sustainable living and fresh food cooking experience is preferred. Experience with canning, composting and advanced gardening is desired, but not necessary.
This position requires a candidate who is flexible, highly organized and schedule-oriented that can represent Crabtree Farms positively in the community. Relationship building is a key element of this position. This position will work within a specific Chattanooga community but must be willing to work as a Crabtree Farms team member as well, carrying out the mission of Crabtree Farms in all aspects of the position.
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, email, database entry, layout/design
- Organized, with good multi-tasking and time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Culturally sensitive
- Ability to work without constant supervision
- Effective personal communicator
This is a three month temporary position. After one week, there will be an evaluation to see if it is a good fit for both parties. After three months (or before) there will be an evaluation to decide to keep, expand or abolish the position, based on the needs of the organization and the performance of the new hire.
About Crabtree Farms
Crabtree Farms is a community, teaching farm practicing sustainable agriculture. The Urban Farm is the central program of Crabtree Farms; other programs include education and outreach. Crabtree Farms provides fresh, nutrient rich locally grown produce to the community, as well as education and resources.
1000 East 30th Street
Chattanooga, TN 37407
To apply, please submit an application to Joel Houser at Crabtree Farms: email@example.com, (423) 493-9155 x12
Application may consist of a cover letter and resume by mail or email
Learn more about Crabtree Farms at www.crabtreefarms.org